Forms & Links

Below is a list of forms you may need for your business:

New Employee Package Use these forms to provide the information to get a new employee started for your payroll. This package includes the New Employee Information, Form W-4 and Direct Deposit Authorization Form. 

W-4 - Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate.  Use this form when hiring a new employee.  The employee must complete this form on or prior to the first day of work and fax to our office (503-643-9355) along with the pay period information to process the respective pay period's payroll.

I-9  Use this form when hiring a new employee.  You should complete this form with the employee on or prior to the first day of work.  You should keep this completed form on file at your office.

Direct Deposit Authorization Form  Use this form to enroll your employees into the payroll direct deposit you are offering to them.  Have them complete the form, attach a voided check or copy a voided check onto the form and fax it to our office at 503-643-9355.

Payroll Pay Period Worksheet  Use this MS Excel worksheet to transmit your payroll information. Or if you prefer (or don't have MS Excel). print this Payroll Pay Period Worksheet pdf and write the information and fax or email to our office.

When are you required to file a 1099?

Any person, including a corporation, partnership, individual, estate, and trust, who make reportable transactions during the calendar year must file information returns to report those transactions to the IRS. Persons required to file Information Returns to the IRS must also furnish statements to the recipients of the income. Report on Form 1099-MISC only when payments are made for the following in the course of your trade or business and the recipient is not a corporation. Information forms are due to the recipient by January 31, and due to the IRS by February 28. If late a fine of up to $50 per 1099 could be assessed.
  • At least $10 in royalties or broker payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest
  • At least $600 in rents, services (including parts and materials), prizes and awards, other income payments, medical and health care payments, crop insurance proceeds, etc.
  • Any fishing boat proceeds
  • Gross proceeds paid to an attorney (any amounts)
  • Direct sales of at least $5,000 of consumer products to a buyer for resale anywhere other than a permanent retail establishment

The following transactions may require you to issue another type of 1099:
  • 1099-Int: Interest paid ($10 or more)
  • 1099-C: Cancellation of Debt ($600 or more)
  • 1099-Div: Dividend ($10 or more)

If your business requires 1099's to be issued, we can process them for you. Just complete the 1099 Worksheet form and fax or email back the excel file to (include "1099 Processing" in the subject line and return it to our office by January 15.) If you are unsure whether one needs to be issued, please call our office.

Search Internal Revenue Service for information about tax law, filing requirements, and other tax related information.

Tax Due Dates